Call for Abstracts
Call for Abstracts—-Poster Presentations
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, October 18th, 19th, 20th, 2017
French Link Springs Hotel
The Indiana Organization of Nurse Executives will host their 2017 Fall Conference at the French Lick Springs Hotel.
This two and a half day event provides an opportunity for networking, leadership content, and poster presentations of best practice from nurses around Indiana.
All Indiana nurses are invited to submit abstracts for poster presentations. All abstracts should relate to work currently being done or recently completed in Indiana, in the area of one of the following:
Poster presentation topics accepted for submission are:
- Interprofessional delivery models
- Collaborative partnerships across the continuum of care
- Effective team-based care delivery models
- Clinical and fiscal outcomes
- Leadership innovation
Research and other studies should include application and relevance for nurse leaders.
Abstracts should include current evidence, exemplify IONE strategies and demonstrate the impact on safe, quality, affordable patient care and healthy communities.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Please submit your abstract to Cindy Bemis at email@example.com by July 20, 2017
- Abstracts will be reviewed and selected through a blind review
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance via email.
- Poster presenters are responsible for bringing their poster to the conference on the day they are selected to present. Presenters will need to attach their poster to a poster board for presentation. Poster size 3×4. (Easel will be provided).
- Please list the presenting author first (correspondence will be sent to the first author listed)
- The abstract text must contain no more than 500 words
- Two learning (minimum-no more than three) objectives or measurable outcomes are required per abstract (each learning objective is limited to 40 words)
- All poster presenters must register for the Day of the Conference when they are presenting and first authors will receive 50% off of that day that they are presenting.
- Authors are responsible for their own travel, lodging, meals, and conference registration. IONE conference registration will open in September of 2017.
- Questions? Please contact Cindy Bemis firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-278-2230.
To submit your abstract, please use separate Abstract Submission Template
Abstract Review Process and Important Dates
All submissions will be blinded and peer-reviewed. Reviewers must be able to readily identify the focus of the educational session and how it exemplifies the above topics. IONE will make the final selection on the presentation types for the submitted abstracts. Selection is based on relevance to current issues, relationship to topics, originality of work, outcomes and application, impact on patient safety, quality and affordability of care, adequacy of data, clarity of the abstract, objectives and key takeaways. Consideration is given to ensure topics are relevant to attendees from diverse care settings and leadership positions.
In addition to questions related to the presenter information, the submitter also must include the following:
- Abstract synopsis: The abstract is a narrative text and is limited to 500 words.
- At least two (no more than three) learning objectives: Each objective is limited to
- Session description: The description is limited to 100 words and would be used
in marketing materials promoting the session if it is accepted.
Poster will be presented in person on one of the two days (Wednesday or Thursday, or both) of the conference.
Please identify potential dates that you would not be available to present your poster and every attempt will be made to accommodate your request.
*All abstracts for Fall Conference must be completed by July 20, 2017
*Notifications for acceptance of posters for Fall Conference will be emailed by August 20th, 2017 to the designated primary contact regarding the abstract’s acceptance status.
Incomplete abstracts will not be considered for presentation.
To ensure timely receipt of your notification, it is important that the primary contact provide his/her correct email address. The primary contact is responsible to notify other parties on the abstract of the status of the submission.
All poster presenters are responsible for their own registration, lodging and travel arrangements.
Thank you for sharing your positive outcomes with others across the state!
Questions related to the abstract submission process should be directed to Cindy Bemis DNP, RN, NE-BC, email@example.com
Important Dates and Deadlines
|July 20, 2017||Abstract Submission for Fall Conference Deadline|
|August 20, 2017||
Selected Abstract presenters will be notified of IONE selections