The core business of the Indiana Organization of Nurse Executives (IONE) is education, career development, member engagement, thought leadership, public policy and advocacy. In support of the IONE mission to shape health care through expert nursing leadership the scholarship fund was established and funded with IONE nursing license plate funds.
This Scholarship Awards Procedure has been developed to define the process utilized to select and award educational scholarships to registered nurses in nursing leadership positions. (Charge, Nurse, Practice Facilitators, House Supervisors, etc)
- Licensed in the state of Indiana
- Is a resident of Indiana
- Enrolled and/or currently taking classes from a nationally accredited school of nursing based in Indiana.
- Currently employed in Indiana in a nursing leadership or management position or employment history focused toward a leadership in nursing for a minimum of one (1) year (e.g. charge RN, clinical managers, supervisors, etc).
- RN in good standing with Indiana Professional Licensing Agency.
- Scholarships are limited to a one time award per student, per degree.
MSN, DNP and PHD
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Maintains a 3.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale in the program
- Currently employed in Indiana in a nursing leadership or management position or employment history focused toward leadership in nursing.
- Demonstrated leadership skills/abilities.
- Current membership in a professional organization(s).
- Anticipated date of graduation must be included in resume. The candidate must show progression toward graduation yet will not graduate prior to the award of the scholarship. Scholarship monies are awarded in late October – early November.
- Mail letters to school deans requesting scholarship nomination submissions for MSN, DNP and PHD by June 15th
- Email requests for RN-BSN completion scholarship nominations to the CNO’s of Indiana by June 15th
- Compile nominee voting spreadsheet for distribution to committee members along with scanned copies of all scholarship submission packets.
- Schedule 2-3 hr. teleconference with committee members to review all scholarship applications.
- Prepare end of year report for August Board meeting along with final slate of scholarship candidates
Present final slate of candidates to Board along with end of year report.
- Send congratulation letters to all scholarship recipients inviting them to October Past President & Scholarship luncheon at the fall conference.
- Complete check requests and scan to IONE Executive Director and cc: IHA support staff requesting all checks be returned to Scholarship Chairman for distribution at the fall conference.
Prepares letters or certificates to hand to recipients at fall conference.