The Indiana Organization of Nurse Executives (IONE) is a Region 5 Chapter (one of 49 affiliated state and metropolitan chapters) of the American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE), an organization of nurses who design, facilitate and manage care. IONE is a state organization and consists of 8 Districts that have meetings at the local level to serve the needs of individual members.
IONE provides direction for achievement of excellence in nursing leadership through 5 Core Business objectives.
- Education and Leadership
- Public Policy and Advocacy
- Career Development
- Member Engagement
- Thought Leadership
IONE serves its members through five key goals.
- Develop innovation as a core competency for all nurse leaders.
- Advance community-based teams across the care continuum.
- Support the provision of safe, quality care in delivery systems grounded in healthful practice environments.
- Communicate the value of nursing in health care to all stakeholders.
- Optimize the operational effectiveness of IONE.