Call for Abstracts
Electronic Poster Presentations
Indiana Organization of Nurse Executives
2018 Fall Conference
October 17, 18, 19, 2018
French Link Springs Hotel
Call for Abstracts—-Poster and/or Podium Presentations
The Indiana Organization of Nurse Executives will host their 2018 Fall Conference at the French Lick Springs Hotel.
This two and a half day event provides an opportunity for networking, leadership content and poster presentations of best practice from nurses around Indiana.
All Indiana nurses are invited to submit abstracts for consideration as a poster presentations, or podium presentation. All abstracts should relate to work currently being done or recently completed in Indiana, in the area of one of the following:
Poster presentation topics accepted for submission are:
- Interprofessional delivery models
- Collaborative partnerships across the continuum of care
- Effective team-based care delivery models
- Clinical and fiscal outcomes
- Leadership innovation
Research and other studies should include application and relevance for nurse leaders.
Abstracts should include current evidence, exemplify IONE strategies and demonstrate the impact on safe, quality, affordable patient care and healthy communities.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Please submit your abstract to Kristin Cyrnes at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 29, 2018.
- Abstracts will be reviewed and selected through a blind review
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance via email.
- Poster presenters are responsible for bringing their poster to the conference. Presenters will need to attach their poster to a poster board for presentation. Poster size 3×4. (Easel will be provided).
- Please list the presenting author first (correspondence will be sent to the first author listed)
- The abstract text must contain no more than 500 words
- Two learning (minimum-no more than three) objectives or measurable outcomes are required per abstract (each learning objective is limited to 40 words)
- All poster presenters must register for the Day of the Conference when they are presenting
- Authors are responsible for their own travel, lodging, meals, and conference registration..
- Questions? Please contact Kristincrynes@gmail.com
Thank you for sharing your positive outcomes with others across the state!
Abstract Review Process and Important Dates
All submissions will be blinded and peer-reviewed. Reviewers must be able to readily identify the focus of the educational session and how it exemplifies the above topics. IONE will make the final selection on the presentation types for the submitted abstracts. Selection is based on relevance to current issues, relationship to topics, originality of work, outcomes and application, impact on patient safety, quality and affordability of care, adequacy of data, clarity of the abstract, objectives and key takeaways. Consideration is given to ensure topics are relevant to attendees from diverse care settings and leadership positions.
In addition to questions related to the presenter information, the submitter also must include the following:
- Abstract synopsis: The abstract is a narrative text and is limited to 500 words.
- At least two (no more than three) learning objectives: Each objective is limited to 40 words.
- Session description: The description is limited to 100 words and would be used in marketing materials promoting the session if it is accepted.
Posters will be presented in person on October 18 of the conference.
*All abstracts for Fall Conference must be completed by June 29, 2018
*Notifications for acceptance of posters for Fall Conference will be emailed by July 31, 2018 to the designated primary contact regarding the abstract’s acceptance status.
Incomplete abstracts will not be considered for presentation.
To ensure timely receipt of your notification, it is important that the primary contact provide his/her correct email address. The primary contact is responsible to notify other parties on the abstract of the status of the submission.
All poster presenters are responsible for their own registration, lodging and travel arrangements.
Questions related to the abstract submission process should be directed to Kristin Crynes at email@example.com
Important Dates and Deadlines
June 29, 2018 Abstract Submission Deadline
July 31, 2018 Selected Abstract Presenters will be notified